Before Your Procedure Checklist
You will receive a call from one of our qualified RNs. Please be ready to provide a detailed medical history and an accurate list of all your medications.
It is very important that you speak to a nurse prior to your surgery.
If you have not heard from a Premier Endoscopy representative, please call us at (973) 874-1147.
You will receive a phone call the day before your procedure with your arrival time and pre-operative instructions. It is important that we speak with you. If you miss our call, please call us back.
Remember that procedure times are approximate and are subject to change. The time given to you in the doctor’s office may vary from the time you are scheduled at the surgery center.
If you become ill or develop any new health problems, please call your physician’s office immediately. Changes in your health may impact your physician’s decision to perform your procedure.
If you must cancel your procedure, please call your doctor’s office.
You will be required to fast prior to your procedure. Your pre-op nurse will give you instructions on how to do so.
Clear Liquid Diet
Colonoscopies require clear liquid diets on the day prior to the procedure to keep your digestive system as clear as possible. Do not consume any red or purple liquids on this diet.
If you are receiving anesthesia you will not be able to drive yourself home. Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home on the day of your procedure.
The Day of Procedure – Check In & Admission
Check-in: When you arrive at our center we ask that you check-in at the registration desk to verify personal, escort and insurance information. Please have your insurance card and ID readily available.
After checking in at our center, you will be brought to the pre-op area where the nurse will do a health interview and prepare you for your procedure. Your physician and an anesthesiologist will discuss your anesthesia with you and answer any questions. At the appropriate time you will be escorted to the procedure room.
After Your Procedure
If you have any questions or need our help, please call (973) 874-1147.
- You will need someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours after your procedure if receiving any form of anesthesia.
- Do not drive; operate machinery, power tools, or any other large and possibly dangerous equipment for at least 24 hours. Do not drink alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours
- Based on your specific procedure, your physician will provide you with post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest and medication. In the event of any difficulties or complications, call your physician immediately.
- In case of an emergency, call 911 and/or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Make sure to let your body relax and get the proper amount of rest, do not push yourself.